Medical Education Registrar Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 4 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Participate in the Medical Education Unit team and contribute to achieve the unit's roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in the development, planning and evaluation of educational activities for junior medical officers in partnership with the Medical Education Unit
- Develop an understanding of the role and functions of an educational supervisor responsible for doctors in training
- Develop a learning plan for the year that will strategically align with the goals of the Medical Education Unit.
- Establish and maintain broad networks and partnerships that promote innovation and utilise best practice to lead the development, implementation and evaluation of sustainable educational initiatives.
- Disseminate knowledge and skills in the area of medical education to senior medical staff, registrars and junior doctors (including as a component of the hospital at night' team).
- Encourage models of education delivery and assessment that support professional growth, education and research across clinical units to foster a culture that strives for excellence in patient care and ongoing professional development.
- Promote the use of, and/or undertake research to enhance medical and educational practice.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an appreciation of change management principles, incorporating the ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with all levels of staff and clients within a multidisciplinary healthcare environment.
- Foster critical thinking and reflective practice with all levels of clients.
- Undertake any other duties as agreed with the Director of Clinical Training.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19(Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF)(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )andQueensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF)(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).