Medical Laboratory Scientist Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 2 views
As theMedical Laboratory Scientist you will deliver culture, serology, molecular virology diagnostic and research services within the Public Health Virology laboratory to clinicians, scientific staff, public health staff and external clients in accordance with relevant accredited quality standards. The successful candidates must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in Science or Applied Science.
What we are looking for:
- Base level or higher knowledge, expertise, skills, judgment and problem solving in one or more areas of viral culture, serology, molecular virology or virus research.
- Ability to apply established principles to routine diagnostic virology services in one or more disciplines of culture, serology and molecular virology.
- Knowledge and understanding of QA practices and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements (e.g. NATA, AQIS, OGTR, TGA) as applicable to a diagnostic service.
- Ability to work co-operatively with and effectively participate in a single discipline or multidiscipline team and also contribute to quality or service improvement activities under supervision in the virology unit.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your resume, including the names and contact details of two referees who have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum two pages) that gives details of your skills, experience and knowledge as required on the role description under the headingkey competencies (role specific criteria)'.
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program