Medical Locum Coordinator Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Flexible,Townsville region 8 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.townsville.health.qld.gov.au/ )is the largest tertiary health service in northern Australia; we are responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research within a region covering over 149,500km with a population of approximately 250,000 people.
We cover the continuum of healthcare services from advanced, highly specialised, tertiary-level healthcare at the main hospital to secondary and primary-level hospital and community healthcare across 20 facilities. The main facility is located adjacent to one of Queensland's leading tertiary institutions, James Cook University.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Experience and competence in coordinating all aspects of senior and junior medical staff recruitment including recruitment through the e-Recruit' system.
- Ability to accurately determine medical officer payment classification for THHS employment contract preparation for those medical officers new to Queensland Health, and verification of classifications for those transferring within Queensland Health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the processes required to ensure appropriate Medicare registration for all medical officers, including staff specialist
- Demonstrated experience and ability to identify applicant registration conditions to:
- Provide a suitable candidate shortlist to the hiring unit.
- Progress to offer of employment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a focus on upholding the THHS values.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills relating to application of the legislative requirements for Medical Officers including medical registration procedures, credentialing, immigration requirements, appointment processes and Medical Officer Awards and Entitlements.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
Townsville HHS vision is one of excellence; to emerge as the leaders in health care, research and education for regional Australia. As an employer our goal is to be a GREAT PLACE TO WORK and we are committed to maintaining an exceptional workforce. Our proactive approach to fostering a workplace culture that values, supports and develops our workforce. Some additional benefits include:
- 17.5% leave loading,
- up to 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.