Medical Officer (with Right of Private Practice) - CLONCURRY Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician North West Qld 4 views
North West Hospital and Health Service (HHS) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nwhhs )
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
Have you considered the diverse career experience, financial benefits and lifestyle options on offer by taking on a role with the North West Hospital and Health Service?
Working with us
- Motor vehicle allowance of $21,500 p.a..
- base salary ranges between $164,569 and $174,588 p.a. (MOR1).
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Rural and Remote incentive: $34,500 p.a. allowance.
- Additional leave options include: purchased, long service, sick, parental, maternity, or adoption leave.
- Tax savings through salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) are also available.
In your downtime, we offer 5 weeks p.a. recreational leave with a 17.5% loading/bonus.
Professionally, our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff. We are committed to providing extraordinary opportunities for career development including in-house training, development and mentoring programs, $21,500 p.a. allowance to assist with external development, and 3.6 weeks p.a. leave for attending training or conferences.
The Cloncurry community of over 2000 people is renowned for its friendly and welcoming nature.
It is a true `Outback' town and the lifestyle celebrates this fact.
The original inhabitants of the area are the Mitakoodi and Kalkadoon people.
Cloncurry: Queensland's friendliest town! ( https://www.cloncurry.qld.gov.au/%E2%80%9D%20target= )
We also offer rent-free accommodation.
Transfer and appointment expenses may be negotiated.
About the role
Cloncurry is a Multipurpose Health Service (MPHS) that has 15 acute care beds, 10 Aged Care beds, Community Health Centre, X-Ray department and Pharmacy. Visiting services include Child Health, and Immunisations, working closely with Central West Queensland Medicare Local, Centacare and Blue Care. A range of visiting specialists include Paediatrician, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, General Surgeon, Woman's Health Nurse, Renal Nurse Practitioner.
This role will assist in the provision of high-quality clinical services for hospital inpatient and outpatients as a member of a multidisciplinary team delivering integrated primary and secondary level health services.
The position is also actively involved in the implementation of the chronic disease strategy and the provision of professional development support to health staff.
- FRACGP or FACRRM desirable.
- Mandatory requirements are a relevant tertiary degree qualification and registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Pre-employment screening will be conducted for the successful applicant, inc. aged care checks.
- This is a VPD risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
- A 6-month period of probation may apply.
Download the Role Description for further information and application / interview preparation.
Contact: Michelle Cislowski, Medical Workforce Unit on 07 4744 4818.
Apply ONLINE by: Thursday 09/03/2023.