Mental Health Clinician Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group is currently seeking to recruit a Mental Health Clinician to their Evolve Therapeutic Services on a fixed term temporary full-time basis, commencing ASAP up to 15/09/2023.
This position will provide the opportunity to provide high level specialist services, in the areas of assessment, intervention, treatment planning and evaluation, training and education, supervision and research, within the Evolve Therapeutic Services Team.
This team is part of an inter-agency response to the therapeutic and behaviour support needs of children and young people in the care of the Department of Child Safety with severe psychological and behavioural problems.
Generous remuneration package value up to $9916 p.m. (HP3) or $10,291 p.m. (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1) comprising:
- Salary range of $2719.80 to $3997.60 p.f. (HP3) or $3863.10 to $4136.50 p.f. (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1)
- 4 - 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pscyhology, Social Work or Speech Pathology) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Blue Card Checks required.
- While not mandatory, eligibility for appointment as an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner under the Mental Health Act 2016 would be well regarded.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- A period of probation may apply.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the Service.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Mike St-Maurice on 07 4433 9004.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 29 March 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.