Nurse Educator (Emergency Department) Full-time Job4 months ago Nursing Mackay region 28 views
The Nurse Educator is an employee who is a registered nurse who:
- Is appointed to an advanced practice nursing position; and
- Demonstrates a specialised clinical expertise and/or specialised skill set.
Classification may include but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for explicit professional portfolio content and context expertise.
- Expertise in the provision of direct care and/or support of systems and/or education and/or professional leadership.
- Consultation and provision of professional advice.
- Responsibility for a cohort of staff reporting to the position. and/or education and research advice.
About the Team
The Clinical Excellence Unit at MHHS provides support and advice across all aspects of Service Delivery to maximize opportunities for continuous improvement that reflect contemporary practice that enhance opportunity for exceptional consumer outcomes. This is achieved through shared resources working together to provide Education, Quality, Patient Safety, Infection Control, Clinical and Service Governance.
Our objective is to provide educational leadership, fostering and developing lifelong learning opportunities and skills assessment that promote and ensure best practice across the MHHS.
The Nurse Educator is part of the Clinical Excellence Unit for MHHS and reports to the Nursing Director, Clinical Excellence Unit.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).