Nurse Educator - Preventative Health Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 3 views
About the role
The Nursing and Midwifery Education and Research Service (NMERS) aims to foster a culture of learning that nurtures the growth of knowledge, skills, and attitude from novice to advanced practice. The promotion of self-reflection and ongoing learning will enable a professional nursing and midwifery workforce to continually advance their clinical practice to enhance patient experience, satisfaction, and outcome throughout their career.
The role of nurse educator preventative health has the responsibility to support the professional development of nursing staff across the Preventative Health Division West Moreton Health.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high level of clinical practice and expertise in adult education within the current legislative and policy context.
- Experience in undertaking learning needs analysis, developing contemporary and innovative educational materials and utilising adult educational frameworks to engage and foster a learning culture within the clinical environment.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding, clinical evidence-based skills and knowledge in cardiology and respiratory medicine with the ability to provide education in non-invasive ventilation and ECG interpretation
- Demonstrated advanced level of interpersonal and written communication skills to enable accurate, complete, and timely reporting of educational interventions designed to ensure healthcare teams are capable of supporting and delivering patient-centred care
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced communication skills to consult, negotiate, educate and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Current Advanced Life Support certification.
- Demonstrated experience in working as a nursing educator, ideally with ALS instructor experience.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and reasoning, advanced problem skills and expert clinical judgement.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.