Nurse Practitioner Candidate (Diabetes) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
- Committed to achieving health equity and continuously improving safety and quality.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and other providers.
- Excited to take the next step in your career mission?
About your opportunity
Fixed term temporary part-time, 16 hours per fortnight for up to two years whilst completing Masters qualification.
This position is to work at an advanced and extended level of nursing practice in the Diabetes Services of the Townsville University Hospital. The candidate role is defined as that of the Nurse Practitioner (NP) role but with the limitations of not being licensed as an NP. The candidate must be enrolled in a recognised university program to undertake study at a Masters Level with the purposes of gaining Nurse Practitioner licensing through AHPRA within two years.
Generous pro rata remuneration package value up to $33,578 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $64.90 to $70.47 p.h. (Nurse Grade 7)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nurse (or equivalent) Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Mandatory:The candidate must be enrolled in a recognised university program to undertake study at a Masters Level with the purposes of gaining Nurse Practitioner licensing through AHPRA within two years.
- Highly desirable: Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field/.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island )
Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.
Contact: Mary Leech on 07 4433 3497.
Apply ONLINE by: Sunday 7 May 2023.