Take a chance, progress your career and discover all that the Wide Bay has to offer.
- The Nurse Practitioner role will prescribe and deliver Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST) within the Maryborough Correctional Centre.
- The role will provide advanced clinical expertise relevant to OST to ensure safe and efficient service provision.
- The Nurse Practitioner, within the individuals credentialed scope of practice, provides nursing leadership, clinical governance, case management and complex clinical care and support for patients within the Prison Health Service at the Maryborough Correctional Centre.
- The Nurse Practitioner demonstrates sound knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and theory and provides clinical leadership, advice and advocacy to the multidisciplinary team.
- The Nurse Practitioner will provide care which is consistent with contemporary standards, guidelines, relevant legislation and best practice.
We encourage applications from First Nations nurses and midwives in line with Health Equity, Growing Deadly Families, and Hospital and Health Plan Strategies.
Covid 19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Find out more in the Role Description.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package value up to $165,980 p.a., comprising salary between $139,340 - $145,474 p.a., employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) (Nurse Grade 8) (Permanent Full Time, 76 hours p.f.) (Applications will remain current for 12 months). Job Ad Reference: H2301WB463919
Other benefits include:
- Fantastic salary sacrificing ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) benefits
- Professional Development Allowance
- Professional Development Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lower cost of living
Discover Fraser Coast
TheFraser Coast ( https://tinyurl.com/y9akq67d ), known for its diverse, natural landscapes,laid-back lifestyleand mild climate, is located just a quick 45-minute flight north of Brisbane. Thisdestinationwith a difference is the stepping off point to the World Heritage-listedFraser Island ( https://tinyurl.com/ybbbdrms ), the location of incrediblewhale watching ( https://www.visitfrasercoast.com/whales-hervey-bay/ )encounters and has arguably the safest family-friendly beaches in Queensland. Stroll along the Hervey Bay esplanade for alfrescocafes,shops, picnic areas, playgrounds and vibrant marina, or soak up the history and culture in the provincial city ofMaryborough ( https://tinyurl.com/yalscytm ).
How to apply:
The Role Description and Information Package provide specific information on how to apply for the advertised position. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdf format, please contact Wide Bay Recruitment at Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au ( mailto:Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au )
Join our Hospital and Health Service family and see what it's like to be in a supportive workplace with engaged teams working together to ensure
Care, connection and compassion for all'