Nurse Practitioner - Wound and Stoma Care Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 5 views
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide nursing care at an advanced scope of clinical practice including expanded skills and knowledge in assessment, care planning and implementation, diagnoses, and evaluation of nursing care for a cohort of consumer/persons in the specialty area of Wound and Stoma Care for the Community and Oral Health Directorate. This role works collaboratively with the interprofessional team and contributes to enhanced consumer/person outcomes by actively leading and supporting existing and emerging nurse-led models of care whilst maintaining flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of the health service and consumer populations.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, builds culturally responsible rapport and constructive relationships while acting with diplomacy and tact and communicates effectively to encourage open expression of ideas and interest, and manages conflict in line with target group needs and principles of natural justice.
- Teamwork collaborates effectively to gain trust, foster team interaction, maximise support and acknowledge the contribution of others, considers strategies to support career progression within a culture of development where differences are valued and supported.
- Compassion identifies opportunities to build capacity to address consumer expectations, undertakes self- reflection, considers ambiguity and modifies behaviour to proactively and constructively address risk, crises and change while exhibiting confidence and a positive attitude.
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders.
- Integrity applies the principles of sound and ethical decision making in addressing issues, supporting others, and monitoring and evaluating evidence and results, takes personal responsibility for decisions and the achievement of ideas to fruition despite expressed differences.
Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the NMBA as a Nurse Practitioner (NP). Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to the commencement of employment.
It is a mandatory requirement that the successful applicant has completed an NMBA-approved program of study OR a program that is substantially equivalent to an NMBA-approved program of study as determined by the NMBA leading to endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with all Department of Health processes including site specific credentialing of expanded clinical scope. Non-compliance with these specific requirements may result in termination of employment.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: COH470499
Close date: Thursday, 23 February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED