Nurse Unit Manager Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Mackay region 5 views
About our Hospital and Town
The Moranbah Hospital has a 12-bed acute inpatient facility and an emergency service. In addition, specialist outpatients, medical imaging (x-ray and ultrasound), a range of Telehealth services and ambulatory care, including mental health, allied health, community and child health services are provided through these health facilities.
The town of Moranbah is located in the northern part of the Isaac Regional Shire and approximately 200 kilometres southwest of Mackay. One of the youngest towns in Queensland, Moranbah, was created for miners and their families with rich charm and emanating warmth. Moranbah has a population of 8,955 people and has a large fly-in fly-out population who work in the mines around Moranbah.
Services within town include but are not limited to:
- 2 Medical Centres
- Allied health services
- 2 Dental facilities
- 2 Day Care centres
- 2 State Primary Schools
- State High School
- Coles Supermarket
- Numerous accommodation choices
- A wide range of sporting clubs and sporting facilities
- Variety of Businesses and Stores
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Conditions of employment
If you are a new employee to Queensland Health, we want to ensure you have all the information you need before you start. It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the Queensland Health Conditions of employment ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions ) and the Code of Conduct(PDF) ( https://www.forgov.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/182292/code-of-conduct.pdf ) for the Queensland Public Service.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).