Nurse Unit Manager - Cancer Care Services Full-time Job4 months ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 31 views
About the role
The purpose of this role is to demonstrate accountability at an advanced practice level for leadership, effective coordination, efficient management, and for the monitoring and development of nursing/midwifery standards of practice within Cancer Care Services at The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH).
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, builds culturally responsible rapport and constructive relationships while acting with diplomacy and tact and communicates effectively to encourage open expression of ideas and interest, and manages conflict in line with target group needs and principles of natural justice.
- Teamwork collaborates effectively to gain trust, foster team interaction, maximise support and acknowledge the contribution of others, considers strategies to support career progression within a culture of development where differences are valued and supported.
- Compassion identifies opportunities to build capacity to address consumer expectations, undertakes self- reflection, considers ambiguity and modifies behaviour to proactively and constructively address risk, crises and change while exhibiting confidence and a positive attitude.
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders.
- Integrity applies the principles of sound and ethical decision making in addressing issues, supporting others, and monitoring and evaluating evidence and results, takes personal responsibility for decisions and the achievement of ideas to fruition despite expressed differences.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: PCH478280 Close date: Wednesday, 19th April 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED