Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) Support Officer Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - South,Logan - Beaudesert 2 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Initiate and process completed attendance variation and allowance claim forms and employee movement forms for Nursing staff within the Division and update of master rosters.
- Update databases and spreadsheets, complete data entry and maintain accuracy and integrity of information in databases and produce and action reports when requested.
- Process documentation in hospital specific information systems such as HBCIS, FAMMIS and provide reports relative to these systems using the Microsoft office suite.
- Complete general administration and secretarial duties including mail, typing, formatting, photocopying, data entry, filing (both manually and electronically) travel arrangements whilst maintaining a neat and tidy work area HR / payroll work flows and processing, co-ordination of correspondence, recordkeeping, secretariat support, data management, financial reporting and diary and email management.
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings, interviews, training sessions and training days, including catering arrangements and room bookings.
- Assist staff and clients in the work unit as requested and respond to general customer inquiries over the phone, email and in person including diary and email management for senior staff as instructed
- Establish effective working relationships with all levels of staffing within and external to the Health Service and manage competing work priorities and establish work targets in consultation with Nurse Unit Managers and/or Assistant Director of Nursing.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 (PDF) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 (PDF))
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.