Nursing Director / Program Manager Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 11 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Contribute to a high performing team, demonstrating a culture that lives our values.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and other providers.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group is currently seeking to recruit a Nursing Director / Program Manager to their team on a permanent full-time basis. This position sits within the Adult Mental Health Service at Townsville University Hospital.
The Nursing Director/Program Manager works in collaboration with the Medical Director of MHSG, relevant Clinical Directors and the other Nursing Director within the Service Group to assist and provide service direction, service coordination and maintain clinical standards and patient safety to ensure effective use of human and material resources within THHS Services Agreement.
The Mental Health Service Group (MHSG) is responsible for the provision of comprehensive, specialised mental health assessment and treatment services across the age-spectrum. Our services aim to be consumer focused and recovery oriented and are provided in a variety of settings including community, acute inpatient units, hospitals, emergency departments, and residential rehabilitation and supported accommodation.
Generous remuneration package value up to $197,190 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $6605 p.f. (Nurse Grade 12)
- 4, 5, 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is mandatory for this position.
- Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Highly desirable: Possession of relevant postgraduate qualification inan appropriate field. Such experience may be discipline specific or have a service area focus.
- Credentialed status with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
- Appointment as an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner under the Mental Health Act 2000 or willingness to undertake.
- Ongoing professional development relevant to the delivery of specialist Mental Health Services to maintain appropriate registration.
- All employees will be required to participate in an on-call roster.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- All employees of the Menttal Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Townsville
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Contact: Ann Marie Mallett on 07 4433 3088.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 3 October 2022.