Occupational Therapist/Psychologist/Social Worker/Speech Pathologist - Senior (Evolve Therapeutic Services) Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Gold Coast 2 views
Please note this position may also be filled by a Clinical Nurse Consultant as per the Role Description.
An opportunity has become available for an Occupational Therapist/Psychologist/Social Worker or Speech Pathologist Senior (Mental Health Worker - Evolve Therapeutic Services) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 12 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Provide efficient, responsive and recovery-orientated mental health care in a variety of hospital and community settings
- Provide high level evidence-based assessment, collaborative treatment planning and case management or case collaboration for difficult to engage and/or high-risk consumers with severe and complex mental health problems
- Work collaboratively with clinicians, multi-disciplinary staff, service providers, non-government organisations and Mental Health and Specialty Services consumer carers and families
- Apply independent professional judgement, based on valid and reliable evidence, and apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
To be successful in this position you will require:
- A tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work or Speech Pathology
- AHPRA Registration (Occupational Therapist/Psychologist only)
- Blue Card (Social Worker only)
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Driver Licence
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Temporary full time (12 months with the possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $128 701 - $139 732 per annum
Evolve Therapeutic Services provides mental health intervention to children and young people (under 18 years) involved with QLD Child Safety Services with extreme and complex therapeutic support needs. The Evolve Therapeutic Services program is part of a state wide, cross-government initiative that aims to enhance mental health outcomes for children and adolescents. Based in Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Tuesday, 2 May 2023.
Job Ad reference:GC481594
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.