Occupational Therapy Assistant Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 4 views
About the role
To contribute to consumer care by participating in the design, delivery, and evaluation of occupation-based activities (group and individual) within the Meaningful Activities Program (MAP) as part of occupational therapy services for the inpatient adult mental health service, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Metro North.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops own talent through ongoing professional development, values differences and recognises importance of teamwork in health service delivery
- Compassion is completely consumer focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of consumer services
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our consumers and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
In terms of technical knowledge, skills, and experience and within the context of the responsibilities described above under Key Accountabilities, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in occupation-based activities such as craft and recreation, and the ability to deliver group-based activity interventions within recovery orientated and trauma informed frameworks.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with consumers, staff, and other stakeholders as part of the healthcare team, under the direct supervision and management of the OT senior and Occupational Therapy Assistant Coordinator.
- Demonstrated time management and self-management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical behaviour, ongoing learning, quality improvement and self-management.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety, and ethical behaviour
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: MH464463
Close date: Monday, 30 January 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED