Operational Officer Wards Casual Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 4 views
About the role
The Operational Services Department plays an important role in providing a 7 day a week service supporting the delivery of a quality and cost-effective health service. A wide range of functions are covered by the team, including cleaning, clinical support, facility maintenance coordination, removal of waste, linen services, transport of patients, equipment and materials around the hospital, stores, transport and ward services.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- An understanding and appreciation of the need for client/patient and facility confidentiality and privacy to be observed at all times.
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative, work with a minimum of supervision, communicate and work cooperatively with other members of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good communication skills in relation to other staff, clients and visitors.
- Ability to work in porterage, cleaning, waste and laundry services.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of hygiene standards, infection control practices, food safety standards, workplace health and safety, total quality management, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination practices and behaviour as applied in the working environment.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.