Operational Services Officers (Cleaning, Catering, Wardsperson and Laundry) Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Flexible,North West Qld 2 views
North West Hospital and Health Service (HHS) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nwhhs )
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
About the role
Provide a range of operational service functions including Cleaning, Catering, Wardsperson and Laundry Services to the allocated health facility.
Cleaning Services: Cleaning of all floors, fixtures and fittings within the hospital buildings as directed and according to Queensland Health guidelines and policies.
Laundry Services: Laundry services for patients and staff of the Mount Isa Hospital as per Queensland Health guidelines and policies.
Food Services: Preparation and delivery of meals for patients, staff and other clients as per Queensland Health guidelines and policies.
Ward Duties: Assist health care professionals in the provision of patient care work associated with the delivery of clinical support services by performing a range of basic non-professional tasks and transporting of patients from one area to another.
This is a talent pool for CASUAL vacancies at various facilities/locations throughout the North West HHS; including Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Julia Creek, Dajarra, Camooweal, Doomadgee, Karumba, Normanton, Burketown, and Mornington Island.
Please specify your preferred location/s and area/s of experience in the Application and Survery Form (attached) and include this with your application.
Applicants will be assessed throughout the advertising process and roles filled as FTE becomes available.
Working with us
- Casual pay rates between $34.49 and $36.80 p.a. (OO2)
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
Professionally, our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff. We are committed to providing extraordinary opportunities for career development including in-house training, development and mentoring programs,and access to the Training, Education and Professional Development Incentive funds.
- The position may require successful applicants to undertake continuous shift work and to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Physical ability to carry out frequent and repetitive lifting, manual handling of goods and patients.
- Ability to adhere to Uniform Dress code for the Health Service.
- VPD risk role. Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
- A 3-month period of probation may apply.
Contact: Michelle Connolly 07 4744 4851.
Apply ONLINE at any time: applications will be reviewed throughout the advertising period.
This Job Ad is due to expire on: Thursday 30/11/2023.