Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Darwin Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Northern Territory 16 views
We areseeking a motivated Occupational Therapist (OT) with a passion for paediatric therapy to join our team. Experience in National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service provision and equipment prescription would be highly valued. Evidence-based practice is highly valued and our team orients strongly to a parent-child relational model of practice. Empowering parents and facilitating parent-child attachment is a very rewarding experience!
The ideal applicant will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and be supported by highly skilled OT colleagues with significant experience in remote service provision, complex assistive technology prescription, home modifications specific to paediatrics, mealtime support, parent-child relational therapy, positive behaviour support and evidenced-based approaches to sensory processing difficulties.
Additionally, you will receive regular clinical supervision and attend fortnightly in-services with the multidisciplinary team. We also have monthly online professional development with our OT colleagues who work interstate. You will be well-supported in our remote service team.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrate experience working in the disability sector with paediatric NDIS participants
- Able to work effectively in a team and contribute positively to workplace relations
- Demonstrate commitment to learning and professional development
- Demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Relevant Professional Registration
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Australian Drivers License
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations 1 & 2 plus Booster
Why work for Patches
- Relocation assistance available to those not local to the area
- Competitive above award remuneration
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Patches health & wellbeing program
- Corporate Health Plan
- Access to Go1 Learning Platform with thousands of courses to choose from
- The chance to work collaboratively and alongside some great and highly experienced clinicians in a transdisciplinary team
- Training in evidence based, best practice assessment, therapy and support programs
- Travel opportunities within a national network of clinics
The JPS recruitment team is comprised of recruiters from diverse global backgrounds with many decades of combined medical recruitment experience. The tremendous "know how" they bring to JPS has helped the company become an industry leader. Whether you are planning your next move or looking to recruit quality professionals then we are here to help.