Pathology Assistant Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 3 views
Fixed Term Temporary Par-time (38 hours per fortnight)
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- A working knowledge of or demonstrated ability to quickly learn all aspects of pre-analytical specimen processing.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work conscientiously and accurately with minimal local supervision.
- Demonstrated data entry skills and in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively use or quickly acquire the ability to use the laboratory information system (Auslab).
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective interaction within a work group and between clients.
- Work in a manner displaying integrity; complying with ethical and behavioural standards, respecting patient confidentiality and the importance of patient results.
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- This role does not require any mandatory qualifications.
- Queensland Health staff will be required to participate in shift, on-call and or weekend roster arrangements. In some circumstances and following consultation Queensland Health staff maybe required to participate in 24-hour shift.
- Participate in the weekend/public holiday roster.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) requirements
- It will be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against one or more of the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: Hepatitis A & B, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis, Rubella and Varicella.
- Additional vaccinations including Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies may also be required for this position.
- Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (i.e. one HHS to another HHS, department to a HHS, or HHS to department).
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.