Pharmacist - Clinical Talent Pool Full-time Job7 months ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 10 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity
Deliver professional, client focused pharmacy services and leadership within an evidence-based, quality and multidisciplinary health care environment. This includes training, education, and research activities to the services by the Pharmacy Department.
Promote safe, effective and efficient use of medicines in keeping with the department's goals and objectives and mission statements for the Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
- Current general registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia, including proof of completion of an approved program of study for pharmacy practice. For example, a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- A health-related post-graduate qualification and/or enrolment in the SHPA residency program are desirable.
- Ability to work across 7-days (Monday to Sunday) as part of a normal roster, providing pharmacy services to designated work units.
- Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD): Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids are required to provide evidence of vaccinations or proof that they are not susceptible (due to prior exposure to the disease and therefore have natural immunity) to the following VPD's Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella and Pertussis (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis containing vaccine) according to the Queensland Health Policy.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- A competent level of knowledge, expertise and skills in contemporary, evidence based public- hospital pharmacy services and ability to apply this knowledge in at The Townsville Hospital.
- An ability to work collaboratively with and actively participate in, a multi-disciplinary team and to implement the APAC Continuum of Care guidelines in a team environment, so as to provide quality services, support research activity and promote a model of best practice for the benefit of patients and staff.
- Communication, time management and interpersonal skills evidenced through effective consultation, advice provision and assistance to professional peers and other staff in relation to pharmacy services; effective work practice within a multi-disciplinary health care team.
- A demonstrated interest in undertaking post graduate professional development activities to support better health service provision to patients in collaboration with the pharmacy and multidisciplinary colleges.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train, educate multidisciplinary staff.
- An ability to provide leadership to multidisciplinary staff ensuring that the needs of the pharmacy clients are met in the most efficient, economical & ethical manner.
- Ability to undertake and support quality improvement and research activities.
Salary range of$41.89 to $61.58 p.h. (casual)(HP3)
Why make the change?
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.