Pharmacist - Renal Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 4 views
About the role
The Renal Pharmacist will provide a high-level clinical pharmacy service to all patients under the care of the Ipswich Kidney Services. The position functions with a high degree of independence providing clinical intervention and advice, workflow organisation and service developments. This role offers the successful applicant an opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic team rapidly expanding to incorporate the challenges and opportunities within the digital landscape.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for all patients, carers and staff. Demonstrates excellent communication skills to facilitate service provision and development within legal frameworks.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical knowledge, expertise and skill in contemporary Clinical Pharmacy commensurate with years of experience.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and clinical skills required to deliver a high level renal pharmacy service across multiple domains within the Ipswich Kidney Services.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate, plan and evaluate local service improvement and provide clinical supervision to personnel. History of working effectively with other people as a member of a team to achieve shared goals.
- Knowledge or the ability to rapidly acquire a broad knowledge of current policy of Queensland Health regarding supply of medications, Commonwealth programs and State initiatives involving safety and management of medications and how to apply those policies in clinical practice. Ability to utilise skills in providing guidance to others, knowledge of where to locate information, how to evaluate its validity and to communicate that information effectively in the professional development of students and less experienced staff.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.