Pharmacist Residency (year 1 and year 2) Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity
Deliver professional, client focused pharmacy services and leadership within an evidence-based, quality and multidisciplinary health care environment. This includes training, education, and research activities to the services by the Pharmacy Department.
Promote safe, effective and efficient use of medicines in keeping with the department's goals and objectives and mission statements for the Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
- Current general registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia, including proof of completion of an approved program of study for pharmacy practice. For example, a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Mandatory enrolment in the SHPA National Residency Program within 2 months of commencing Residency.
- A health-related post-graduate qualification are desirable.
- Ability to work across 7-days (Monday to Sunday) as part of a normal roster, providing pharmacy services to designated work units.
- Variable working hours potentially providing a 7-day extended hour's pharmacy service may be required.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD): Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids are required to provide evidence of vaccinations or proof that they are not susceptible (due to prior exposure to the disease and therefore have natural immunity) to the following VPD's Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella and Pertussis (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis containing vaccine) according to the Queensland Health Policy.
- COVID-19 vaccination requirements: It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19, as per Health Employment Directive 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
Generous prorata remuneration package value up to $9916 p.m. comprising salary range of $2719.80 to $3997.60 p.f. (HP3), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Why make the change?
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.