Pharmacist-Senior (Talent Pool), Pharmacy Services Full-time Job6 months ago Nursing Sunshine Coast 13 views
Live, work and play on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. Join an expanding Health Service with a culture of innovation, education, training and research, with facilities across the Sunshine Coast including the University Hospital at Birtinya.
The common objective of the Pharmacy Service is that patients derive maximum benefit from medications whilst being exposed to minimum risk.
These priorities include:
- Safe, effective, judicious use of medicines across the continuum of care
- Efficient use of public resources
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
Key Responsibilities include:
- This position will function as part of a team of pharmacists providing services to patients within the Pharmacy Services of the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.
- An expectation of this position is to support the Pharmacy Operational Portfolio Holders - Critical Care, Medical Services, Mental Health and Women's and Families and the Assistant Director of Pharmacy (Nambour) in all Medication Management initiatives and to assist in the development of continuous quality improvement activities to ensure optimum patient medication safety.
- Exercise independent clinical judgement in providing accurate patient medication history interviews upon admission, clinical medication reviews, and formulation of pharmaceutical care plans utilising high level knowledge and clinical skills, including the provision of advice to medical, nursing, pharmacy staff and other health care professionals.
- As a general specialist in clinical pharmacy practice, apply professional judgement to a complex pharmacy caseload by undertaking reconciliation of medications on discharge, including provision of a Discharge Medication Record and medication counselling where appropriate; communicate with the patient's GP, community pharmacy, continuity of care co-ordinators, case managers and Residential Care Facilities in the discharge planning process.
Remuneration value up to $11,770 p.m., comprising salary between $4,409.80- $4,745.20 p.f., employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) (HP4) (Fixed term temporary full time, 76hrs p.f. for 6 months). Applications will remain current for the duration of the vacancy. Please note: only applications from candidates will be accepted (applications that may result in an agency fee will not be considered).
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Sunshine Coast here: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/sunshinecoast/careers
As a Sunshine Coast Health employee, you will receive competitive remuneration and have access to:
A wellness program;
Flexible work arrangements;
Career training and development; and
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Check out the latest updates here: