Pharmacy Assistant Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 9 views
About the role
To provide operational support in the provision of pharmaceuticals under the supervision pharmacists. Duties undertaken ensure pharmacy services are safe, effective, economical, timely and of the highest standard.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to be an active member of a pharmacy team, willingness and ability to work under the direction of a registered pharmacist and to carry out duties with initiative and responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independantly with high level communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Queensland Health pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret prescriptions, understand relevant abbreviations and awareness of current legislaton to facilitate dispensing processes e.g. patient name and UR number in computer, prescriptions authorised and in date.
- Understanding of ward stock systems, stock control and expiry date monitoring in hospital pharmacy departments.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.