Pharmacy Assistant (Charters Towers) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 7 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Put patients first in all that you do to optimise a seamless patient journey.
- Committed to achieving health equity and continuously improving safety and quality.
- Contribute to a high performing team, demonstrating a culture that lives our values.
About your opportunity
Permanent part-time,15.2 hrs per fortnight.
This position will provide the successful applicant with a great opportunity to live and work in the spectacular Charters Towers region, the gateway between the Outback and the Coast, whilst contributing to patient care by providing a high standard of delivery of medication management services at the Charters Towers Hospital.
The right person for this role will work collaboratively within a team to complete technical and support tasks under the supervision of our pharmacist. This could include drug distribution, stock management, prescription preparation and related activities.
Generous prorata remuneration package value up to $73,721 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of$30.99 to $32.58p.h. (CA3)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Highly Desirable Pharmacy Assistant Certificate Level III in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support OR Certificate Level III Community Pharmacy from an approved training organisation based on nationally accredited competencies, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of HLTPHA001 Maintain pharmaceutical imprest/ward stock from an approved training organisation based on nationally accredited competencies, or equivalent.
- If Pharmacy Assistant Certificate Level III in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support OR Certificate Level III Community Pharmacy and HLTPHA001 Maintain pharmaceutical imprest/ward stock has not been completed, then appointment will be at CA2 classification in the Pharmacy Assistant Training position until successful completion of the qualifications.
- The successful applicant must be at least 18 years of age on the date of appointment (as per the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulations 1996).
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 3 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Charters Towers is a surprising pleasure and a delight to live in and visit. Take a step back in time and discover this enchanting outback town which is just an hour and a half west of Townsville. Driving through the streets of Charters Towers is like viewing a living montage of Australian history and heritage.