Pharmacy Assistant Senior Full-time Job8 months ago Nursing Brisbane - South,Logan - Beaudesert 13 views
Are you interested in working forMetro South Health? If you are experienced Pharmacy assistant, then we would love to hear from you.
Metro South Healthis Australia's first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It's also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
Provide, develop and maintain a broad range of Pharmacy Assistant including:
- Prepare, dispense and supply medicines from a prescription under the supervision of a Pharmacist for checking and authorisation by a Pharmacist.
- Assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of controlled drugs, including maintenance of records and legislated stock counts.
- Assist in inventory management including maintain and review stock levels of scheduled and unscheduled medicines and consumables, receiving, storage, distribution, stocktake of medicines, stock rotation and expiry date monitoring.
- Assist in the effective and efficient storage of pharmaceutical items within the Logan and Beaudesert Hospitals.
- Ensure timely delivery of pharmaceutical items throughout Logan and Beaudesert Hospitals.
ThisExpression of Interestcollects a variety of information that will help identify potentially suitable applicants for future casual and temporary employment opportunities. If deemed suitable your details will remain in the Talent Pool for a period of 12 months and should there be an employment opportunity you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further.Additional selection processes(interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required.
- As part of the talent pool, you may be offered a casual or temporary employment opportunities that become available based on the order of merit.
- A pool will generally continue for a 12-month period.
- If you are placed in the talent pool, you may be offered a position within the relevant time period, however your appointment to a position is not guaranteed.
- By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Metro South Health, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy.
Find out about how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here:www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).