Phlebotomist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Toowoomba region,Wide Bay 13 views
Demonstrated knowledge or the ability to acquire knowledge of the importance of standard precautions in dealing with patients and biological specimens
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience or ability to acquire experience in the correct procedures of specimen collection including the application of established policies and guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge or the ability to acquire knowledge of the importance of standard precautions in dealing with patients and biological specimens.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and work conscientiously and accurately with minimal supervision after careful instruction.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work productively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical environment.
- The Specimen Collection department delivers a 7-day a week service. In this workplace, all newly appointed phlebotomy staff are contracted to work any rostered shift within a 7 day roster period including weekends and public holidays. The successful applicant will likely be expected to work a combination of shifts within each fortnight and, on occasion, be required to work beyond contracted hours to help with workflow. This facilitates the progressive review of staffing and shift arrangements in the Specimen Collection department to accommodate changes in workload and service requirements.
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification would be well regarded (for example: Certificate lll Phlebotomy)
- In some circumstances and following consultation, Queensland Health staff may be required to participate in 24-hour shift, on-call or weekend roster arrangements.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.