Policy Officer - Multicultural Health Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 4 views
An exciting opportunity is available for emerging policy makers to support the Department of Health's state-wide Refugee and Multicultural Health portfolio. The role will partner with stakeholders within the Department, the wider government sector and the community to support equitable access to health services and health information for people from refugee background and multicultural communities. You will be responsible for the co-design and co-development of policies, reports and public health messaging and preparation of government briefing to influence future health priorities.
The successful person
We are looking for someone with experience working with government and community stakeholders in a health or policy setting and can demonstrate collaborative working practices in maintaining these relationships. You will also have experience in planning and implementation of programs or projects and demonstrate capability to problem solve solutions to emerging issues.
Other skill requirements for the role:
- Good writing and comprehension skills to prepare high quality and concise advice, briefing and public communications based on data and other information.
- Effective communicator and public speaker, including for representing Department of Health interests in meetings with stakeholders.
- Collaborative team member in sharing of responsibilities and shared workloads.
- Good self-management skills, including for task-prioritisation for adherence to deadlines.
- Attention to detail for administrative functions, such as record keeping, secretariat support, minutes keeping and processing of invoices
Although not essential, people with government experience or experience working with government through non-government organisations are strongly preferred. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
Strategy, Policy and Reform Division drives the strategic agenda for health in Queensland.
Key strategic functions are brought together under the Office of the Associate Director-Generalfrom developing policies and legislation to guide and protect the health of the community, to designing communications activities, campaigns and strategies to engage and empower Queenslanders, to leading and managing Queensland Health's system sustainability reform.
The Division is responsible for social policy and legislation, strategic communications, health system reform, and Cabinet and Parliamentary services. This includes:
- Legislative Policy
- Office of Health Statutory Agencies
- Disability and Multicultural Health, Children and Families, Aged and Palliative Care
- Marketing and Communications
- Media and Digital
- Reform Office
- Cabinet and Parliamentary Services
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.