Principal Business Analyst Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 1 view
The Principal Business Analyst will be responsible for leading data analytics and process improvement initiatives across the Health System. The role will deliver the statewide deployment of a data mining tool and provide user training and support to enhance the understanding of data and uplift the capability of staff across the Department and Hospital and Health Services.
The successful person
You will have demonstrated:
- understanding of the nuances, complexities and diversity of working with complex health data.
- knowledge in the use of business intelligence software and information reporting systems used for the extraction, manipulation and professional presentation and dissemination of reports from complex systems.
- advanced knowledge and experience with a variety of software and coding applications such as MS SQL Server, MS Reporting Services, MS Access (including VBA) and other relevant software including MS Excel, MS Power BI, Panorama (Necto) DSS and S/4HANA.
- experience performing root cause analysis on internal data, external data, and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- expertise in data management methodologies, and an ability to promote and provide advice on the use of appropriate data management techniques, methodologies and tools.
- ability to develop and deliver contemporary training practices and adapt them to build stakeholder capability.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
The Corporate Services Division provides support services necessary for Queensland Health to function effectively and deliver essential health services. The Division is responsible for major corporate functions including financial, legal and human resources services, capital infrastructure delivery, information management services and overseeing key governance functions such as risk, audit and compliance.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.