Principal Internal Auditor Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
The Principal Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting and managing complex operational, financial, compliance and/or information technology internal audits, reviews, health checks and advisory projects across the Department.
The role also provides independent and fit for purpose advice to various stakeholders in relation to governance, risk and design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
The role assists in developing tools and techniques to achieve efficiencies in conducting internal audits and to draw meaningful insights regarding emerging issues and process and control performance.
The successful person
You will have demonstrated:
- ability to plan, conduct and manage complex operational, financial, compliance and/or IT internal audits, reviews, health checks and advisory engagements.
- ability to lead and manage an audit team to complete internal audit engagements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- high level written and verbal communication skills.
- research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply innovative ideas to analyse and evaluate complex issues and provide fit for purpose advice.
- ability to build and sustain productive working relationships with different stakeholders and clients and work effectively in a team environment.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
Corporate Services Division provides business, corporate and operational services to the Department of Health and, in certain circumstances, to the broader Queensland public health system (Queensland Health, comprising the Department and 16 hospital and health services). The division is responsible for leading the Department's budget, financial reporting processes, human resource services, knowledge management, legal services, business enhancement and facilities management activities. More broadly, the division is also responsible for leading system-wide industrial relations activities, major capital infrastructure delivery projects, certain human resources functions undertaken on a system-wide basis, and other corporate services functions.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.