Principal Medical Education Officer Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 5 views
About the role
Provide education expertise to the Medical Education Unit (MEU) and ensure the maintenance of high standards within the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH) educational program for prevocational medical officers and ensure ongoing compliance with accreditation standards and requirements.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values difference and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
- Ability and experience in the coordination, implementation and evaluation of junior doctor education and training programs.
- Understanding of assessment processes and procedures.
- High level knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles.
- High level knowledge and application of, or the ability to acquire knowledge of, curriculum and prevocational accreditation standards for medical education programs.
- High level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to consult, negotiate and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level problem solving, conflict resolution and organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality HR management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: RBH466797 Close date: Friday, 3rd February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED