Principal Technical Consultant Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Flexible 4 views
You will utilise your high-level technical skills in the analysis of IT system issues and the provision of appropriate solutions and improvements whilst meeting project delivery targets within agreed timeframes. Also establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with other staff within the branch to ensure the alignment and integration of operational services, processes, and service levels across the branch.
The role will be tasked with managing the technical migration of GroupWise (email) data currently stored on Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup tapes/AWS deep Archive onto the Microsoft 365 Outlook Archive Platform. You will ensure that the solution aligns with the complex and large-scale enterprise and solution architectures, and utilises appropriate standards, methods, tools, and applications.
Additionally, you will lead the assessment, analysis, development, documentation, and implementation planning of complex and extensive ICT changes, evaluating the risks to the integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations as well as oversee and lead ICT technical implementations within a project management framework across multiple complex and diverse Queensland Health change programs and initiatives based on clients' business and technical requirements.
- High level of expertise and experience in the following technology domains to analyse, provide technical direction, standardisation, professional advice and support of enterprise ICT services in a large customer focus organisation.
- Novell GroupWise
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience designing systems and providing expert knowledge in relevant design standards, techniques and methods and tools for large scale complex organisations. (SFIA Skill: DESN: Level 4, METL: 5)
- Experience with migrating large enterprise messaging systems such as Novell GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange/Office 365.
- Proven ability to meet service delivery targets and implement quantifiable service improvements by managing workloads, priorities and working unsupervised (NHS Drive for Results).
- 5-10 years' experience in managing large enterprise messaging systems would be highly desirable.
- Experience in the design, publication, implementation, compliance and delivery of technical solutions to industry best practice frameworks for large scale, complex IM/ICT program/project(s), preferably in the health care industry. (SFIA Skill: ITMG: Level 5, HSIN: Level 4)
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation planning of changes for large complex IM/ICT program/project(s). (SFIA Skill: CHMG: Level 4)
- Demonstrated high level analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with a proven record in the assessment and evaluation of technical requirements within a complex IM/ICT environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people to make decisions. (NHS: Effective and strategic influencing, Collaborative working)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate migrations.
- Ability to work individually and within a high-performance team with time critical and financially constrained tasks and complex deliverables by providing guidance and supervision of other team members and project resources. (SFIA: PRMG5) (NHS Self-Management) (NHS Collaborative Working)
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development