Procedure Centre Support Coordinator Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 1 view
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Coordinate and perform cleaning and patient assistance activities, ensuring efficient services are provided using best practice processes, safety and quality principles, and budget integrity
- Contribute to the planning, development, coordination, delivery and review of appropriate training programs in collaboration with Patient Support Services and Theatre training leads, to ensure staff can competently undertake their roles and are continually growing to meet patient care requirements
- Maintain timely communication with all relevant parties in Patient Support Services, STARS Procedure Centre including Operating Theatres, Pre-operative, Post Anaesthetic Care Units (PACU) 1 and 2 and Endoscopy Suite regarding updates to resourcing, changes to processes, and any other issues that may impact patient care
- Develop and review task outlines in consultation with relevant Patient Support Services, STARS Procedure Centre including Operating Theatres,, Pre-operative, Post Anaesthetic Care Units (PACU) 1 and 2 and Endoscopy Suite staff to ensure quality patient care is maintained and consistently applied
- Maintain awareness of activity within STARS Procedure Centre including Operating Theatres, Pre-operative, Post Anaesthetic Care Units (PACU) 1 and 2 and Endoscopy Suite and delegate responsibilities appropriately to maintain efficient patient flow
Job ad reference number: STR444348 Close date: Thursday, 29th September 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED