Psychologist (Acute Adult Inpatient Unit) Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Gold Coast 9 views
An opportunity has become available for a Psychologist (Mental Health Acute Adult Inpatient Unit)to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Provide mental health psychology services including psychological assessment and treatment to consumers with complex mental health presentations
- Develop increasing knowledge and clinical skill in utilising evidence based psychological assessment and treatment interventions for consumers
- As experience builds, apply increasingly independent clinical judgement, such as the selection of appropriate psychometric tests and preparation of psychological reports
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of group programs for consumers that are evidence based
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Possession of a tertiary degree in Psychology
- AHPRA Registration
- Membership or eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society would be well regarded
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19. This includes receiving the prescribed subsequent dose/s of a COVID-19 vaccination (i.e. booster)
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Permanent full time
- Base salary $77 741 - $107 556 per annum
The Mental Health Adult Acute Inpatient units provide specialist, acute and inpatient mental health services for consumers 18 years onwards. The inpatient services at Gold Coast University Hospital and Robina Hospital provide mental health care and treatment that is consumer focused, multidisciplinary, comprehensive and collaborative. Based in Robina.
The Adult Inpatient Units aims to:
- Promote consumer recovery with respect, compassion and professional integrity
- Provide professional care that abides by and demonstrates the professional codes
- Continue to develop a cohesive, professional and dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Provide mental health services as part of a continuum of care, with excellent liaison between the units and community services marked by strong collaborative relationships. Care and treatment are consumer focused.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Monday, 9 January 2023.
Job Ad reference:GC463666
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.