Radiographer/Mammographer Full-time Job7 months ago Nursing Townsville region 11 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Health and Wellbeing Service Group are currently seeking to recruit a BreastScreen Radiographer / Mammographer to join them at Townsville Hospital and Health Service. This position will be based at BreastScreen Domain Central.
About your opportunity
- To become a highly valued member of a dynamic multidisciplinary team performing high-quality mammograms, participating in assessment clinics, and providing a high standard of care, support and advice to clients within the BreastScreen Queensland (BSQ) Townsville Service.
- Training is available for all employees to obtain their Certificate of Mammographic Practice (CMP) and other courses that may assist your professional requirements and needs
- BSQ Townsville provides Professional Development Leave (PDL) and Professional Development Allowance (PDA) to assist with education and self-learning needs.
- Queensland Health supports the payment of a Health Practitioner Retention Allowance.
Generous remuneration package value up to $118,996 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $2719.80 to $3997.60 p.a. (HP3)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Breast Imaging Radiographers:
- Possession of a tertiary qualification establishing eligibility for Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Possession of a Statement of Registration or Certificate of registration from AHPRA. Possession of a Use Licence or be eligible for a Use Licence under the Radiation Safety Act 1999.
- Possession of a Certificate of Mammographic Practice (CMP) issued by the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT) or equivalent, or the ability to attain one within twelve months of commencing employment.
- Possession of an appropriate undergraduate qualification in a health or science-based field. Possession of a Graduate Diploma of Mammography (or equivalent).
- Possession of a Certificate of Mammographic Practice issued by the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy (ASMIRT) or equivalent, or the ability to attain one within twelve months of commencing employment.
- Possession of a Use Licence or be eligible for a Use Licence under the Radiation Safety Act 1999.
- Possession of a Statement of Registration with the Australian Sonographers Accreditation Register (ASAR) if utilising ultrasound skills.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate license endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Travel will be a requirement of this position.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 6 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Discover what Townsville has to offer:
About Townsville - Townsville City Council ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville )
Contact: Elizabeth Phillips on 07 4433 3310.
Apply ONLINE by: Thursday 16/03/2023.