Radiographer / Sonographer - Advanced Vascular Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Townsville region 7 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
Generous remuneration package value up to $154,945 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $130,149 to $135,803 p.a. (HP5)
- 17.5%recreational leave loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
About the role
- Provide an independent advanced level vascular ultrasound clinical service as well as across a broad range of ultrasound examinations, with limited clinical supervision as a member of a tertiary referral Medical Imaging service; and remote ultrasound sites within Townsville Hospital and Health Service (HHS).
- Apply professional judgement to complex cases through pathology recognition, diagnosis and the production of a vascular Sonographer's report.
- Provide quality vascular clinical advice on ultrasound applications, appropriateness and results to referring/reviewing medical staff and to suggest referrals as needed.
- Provide professional leadership in all aspects of the vascular ultrasound service.
- Qualifications recognised by Australian Sonographer Accredited Register (ASAR).
- - Post Graduate Qualification in Ultrasound or
- An appropriate Degree or Diploma in Sonography (e.g. Diploma/Bachelor of Applied Science) from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Accredited with Australian Sonographer's Accreditation Registry (ASAR).
- Evidence of significant professional development activities.
Medical Imaging professionals:
- Advanced vascular skills are highly desirable along with other aspect of advanced ultrasound.
- If a Radiographer, the applicant must hold a tertiary qualification, in a Medical Imaging profession.
- Hold current registration with MRPBA (APHRA).
- Hold a current Queensland Radiation Use License.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required.
- Participate in shift work as well as work on public holidays and must participate regularly in the on-call roster. This position may have a roster allocation to any facility within the THHS.
- It is a mandatory condition of employment to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Contact: Poonam Kumar on 07 4433 7764.Apply ONLINE by: Monday 23 January 2023.