Take a chance, progress your career and discover all that the Wide Bay has to offer.
- MGP is a midwifery led model of care which follows a caseload model in accordance with the award. Each midwife works in a team of 3 midwives and is responsible for their allocated women ad some aspects of care to other women allocated to the team. You will be involved in planning, co-ordinating and implementing care for a known group of women as well as providing support to the other staff. MGP caseload midwives provide holistic care along the continuum of antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum period.
- Caseload midwives are contracted on an annual salary and are largely self-managing deciding their working patterns in consultation with each other and their immediate supervisor to ensure that the needs of the clients and the organisation are met. A 35% loading is applied to the ordinary rate of pay in recognition of flexible patterns of work to provide continuity of care. Hours of work are averaged out over an 8-week cycle to allow for periods of low and high acuity.
We encourage applications from First Nations nurses and midwives in line with Health Equity, Growing Deadly Families, and Hospital and Health Plan Strategies.
Find out more in the Role Description.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package value up to $113,058 p.a., comprising salary between $77,253 - $99,090 p.a., employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) (Nurse Grade 5) (Permanent Full Time, 76 hours p.f.) (Applications will remain current for 12 months). Job Ad Reference: H2301WB464684
Other benefits include:
- All purpose loading of 35% (please refer to other requirements in the role description)
- Fantastic salary sacrificing ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) benefits
- Professional Development Allowance
- Professional Development Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lower cost of living
Bundaberg ( https://tinyurl.com/yahj9add )and the Coral Coast region is where thecoastline meets the country ( https://tinyurl.com/y9rovgtj ), just four hours' drive north of Brisbane.Indulge ( https://tinyurl.com/yd2epwt8 )in the region's fresh local produce, seafood and iconic drinks and enjoy endless stretches offamily-friendly beaches ( https://www.bundabergregion.org/stories/things-to-do/discover-these-beautiful-beaches-along-the-coral-coast )and nearby national parks where you can camp, fish, swim and surf the day away. Bundaberg is the gateway to theSouthern Great Barrier Reef ( https://tinyurl.com/y8hu4k84 )and has an enviable year-round climate. The city boasts excellent shopping, sporting,cultural ( https://tinyurl.com/y8exyjqn ),education and tourism facilities includingMon Repos ( https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/mon-repos/attractions/mon-repos-turtle-centre ) Turtle Rookery.
How to apply:
The Role Description and Information Package provide specific information on how to apply for the advertised position. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdf format, please contact Wide Bay Recruitment at Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au ( mailto:Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au )
Join our Hospital and Health Service family and see what it's like to be in a supportive workplace with engaged teams working together to ensure
Care, connection and compassion for all'