Registered Nurse Full-time Job4 months ago Nursing Brisbane - South,Brisbane - East,Logan - Beaudesert 11 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
The RN engages in reflective, analytical practice through effective assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of direct person-centred care. The RN continually improves their skills and knowledge developing from graduate to highly skilled Registered Nurse.
- Responsible for providing safe, compassionate care, integrating the Nursing and Midwifery Services which may include Professional Practice Model, quality frameworks (Magnet or Pathway to Excellence) and Person Centred Care approaches of caring for each patient's psychological, social, emotional, spiritual, and physical care needs to achieve best clinical practice and individualised patient care and outcomes.
- Contributes to unit's philosophy of care delivery and is a high performing Nursing team member.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of person-centred care are met through effective assessment, planning, translating to practice, implementing and evaluation of care, in consultation with patients, families and relevant healthcare team members to achieve person centred outcomes.
- Utilises critical thinking, flexibility and time management skills to plan and prioritise person care requirements, adapt to clinical/ward changes and coordinate referrals.
- Plans and evaluate nursing/midwifery care in consultation with the healthcare team and patients/residents/consumers using effective interpersonal communication.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 (PDF)and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 (PDF))
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.