Registered Nurse Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Mackay region 2 views
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing services within the health service settings; and demonstrates competence in the provision of nursing care as specified by registration requirements, NMBA standards and codes, educational preparation, relevant legislation and context of care.
About the Team
Mackay Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs Service Division (MHAODSD) provides assessment, continual treatment and comprehensive case management to clients with a serious mental illness in the MHHS and comprises of Adult, Child and Youth and Outreach services.
Adult Mental Health Services are comprised of community based and hospital inpatient components that provide a range of services to adults with severe mental disorders and or psychiatric disability residing within the geographical areas covered by Mackay city and immediate surrounds.
The Mental Health Unit is located at the Mackay Base Hospital. It is a 20 bed Low Dependency Unit and a 4 bed High Dependency Unit.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).