Registered Nurse - Aged Care Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Flexible,Townsville region 3 views
Eventide Residential Aged Care Facility ( https://www.townsville.health.qld.gov.au/ )is a Queensland Health managed aged care service within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service and is located at Charters Towers. The facility provides care for 110 residents with 26 places for dementia care, 10 places for pyscho geriatric care and 74 places for older persons who require care due to fragility and complex care needs. It is now a requirement (since COVID 19 Pandemic) that ALL staff, visitors and contractors entering Residential Aged Care Facilities have proof of the annual influenza vaccination or an approved exemption.
Eventide provides a multidisciplinary approach to care delivery with a focus on resident's rights and choices. Residents (as able), relatives, carers and other health professionals are involved in the individual care planning process and encouraged to play an active role in the decision-making process. With the introduction of the aged care nursing ratios, all nursing staff will work together to provide resident focused quality nursing care that meets the aged care quality standards and will assist in the provision of leisure and recreational activities and interactions.
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field is highly desirable. Such experience may be discipline specific or have a service area focus.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Worker Screening Check: As a Health Care worker in Queensland Health who engages in risk-assessed roles, you must hold a current disability check (Yellow Card or Yellow Card Exemption) or an NDIS worker screening check, in accordance with Part 5 of the Disability Services Act 2006 (Qld).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
Eventide Aged Care Facility
As an employer our goal is to be a GREAT PLACE TO WORK and we are committed to maintaining an exceptional workforce. Our proactive approach to fostering a workplace culture that values, supports and develops our workforce. Some additional benefits include:
- Relocation assistance and short term temporary accommodation available
- Temporary visa sponsorship available
- 17.5% leave loading,
- up to 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
https://www.queensland.com/gb/en/places-to-see/destinations/townsville/things-to-do-charters-towers ( https://www.queensland.com/gb/en/places-to-see/destinations/townsville/things-to-do-charters-towers )
Contact Charmaine Credo on + 61 7 4787 5503 orCharmaine.Credo@health.qld.gov.au ( mailto:Charmaine.Credo@health.qld.gov.au )to arrange a teams meeting for a discussion on the role, facility and the wonderful lifestyle available when living and working in Charters Towers.
Applications ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV439751 ) close on Wednesday 5 October 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.