Registered Nurse - Cardiac Catheter Lab Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 4 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- The Registered Nurse (RN) in Cardiac Catheter Lab delivers safe compassionate clinical care; working collaboratively with the healthcare team to achieve best practice patient outcomes. The RN engages in reflective, analytical practice through effective assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of direct person-centred care. The RN continually improves their skills and knowledge developing from graduate to highly skilled Registered Nurse. The RN provides pre, intra and post procedural care.
- Practice independently and interdependently.
- Assume accountability and responsibility for their own actions and delegation of care to Enrolled nurses, Assistants in Nursing and healthcare workers.
- Demonstrates evidence of increasing autonomy and exercises greater levels of professional judgement in the clinical environment as the employee moves from a beginning to experienced practitioner.
- Reports operationally and professionally to the Cardiac Catheter Lab Nurse Unit Manager/Line Manager.
- This role works directly with the Nursing, Allied Health and Medical staff.
- Responsible for own activities and for delegation of activities to others.
- May fulfil the role of team leader to provide and coordinate clinical care for the unit as delegated.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )andQueensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).