Registered Nurse Casual, Community and Acute Service Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 2 views
About the role
The Registered Nurse provides evidenced based individualised patient care. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with individual clients and the multidisciplinary health care team to achieve goals and health outcomes.
This position will require nurses to undertake manual handling tasks that include pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, reaching above shoulder height and reaching to the floor. There is a requirement for the successful candidate to be able to complete the high-risk Occupational Violence Prevention (OVP) that contains both theoretical and physical requirements.
This position is appointed to the Mental Health Service and may be required to work from a number of West Moreton Mental health Service sites, or in a comparable mental health position.
This is part of a rolling recruitment process; applications will be assessed as received.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Clinical knowledge in the area of mental health.
- Demonstrates a commitment to completing formal mental health nursing qualifications.
- Consistently and enthusiastically delivers high levels of patient service to exceed patients' expectations.
- Supports and respects team members, communicating effectively and demonstrating a commitment to the team.
- Demonstrates strong self-management skills, a commitment to nursing and flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes.
- Knowledge of and a demonstrated commitment to quality processes and evidence based practices, identifying areas for improvement and contributing to these improvements
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for all patients, carers and staff
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies