Registered Nurse - Child Health Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 2 views
About the role
The Registered Nurse Child Health provides contemporary, evidence-based nursing services and demonstrates competence in the provision of nursing care as specified by achievement of the standards of practice and registration requirements from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). This is evidenced by educational preparation, continuing professional development, adhering to relevant legislation and the context of care.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Contemporary clinical knowledge in the area of Child Health nursing, delivering competent nursing care in complex situations while providing support to other team members.
- An ability to work autonomously and in a team to achieve service objectives. This includes the ability to recognise situations which necessitate supervision or guidance and seek appropriate support, as well as the ability to facilitate collaboration and teamwork to promote effective working relationships.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders to coordinate service activities.
- Experience working with children and their families with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with children using techniques that are appropriate for age and developmental stage, while supporting families to participate in health care through a negotiated partnership approach.
- Knowledge of primary health care, health promotion, and continuity of care and a demonstrated ability to incorporate this approach into practice to improve the health and well-being of the child and family.
- Effective time management skills and an ability to prioritise responsibilities in order to meet stipulated deadlines.
- Adaptability and demonstrated capacity to reorganise work activities to accommodate variations in scheduled work routines in order to maintain productivity and continue to meet service objectives.
- An ability to adhere to relevant protocols and service models to ensure that standards of care are met, while continuously monitoring practice to ensure the provision of safe, evidence-based nursing care.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.