Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?
- A Registered Nurse interested in a rewarding career in mental health?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
About this opportunity:
The Mental Health Service Group delivers comprehensive mental health, rehabilitation and addiction assessment and treatment to the North Queensland community.
We are responsible for the provision of comprehensive, specialised mental health assessment and treatment services across the age-spectrum. Our services are consumer focused and recovery oriented and provided in a variety of settings including community, acute inpatient units, hospitals, emergency departments, and residential rehabilitation and supported accommodation.
Registered Nurse opportunities are available in the following inpatient units:
- Adult Acute Mental Health Inpatient Unit (AAMHIU)
- Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit (SMHRU)
- Townsville Community Care Unit (TCCU)
- Adolescent Inpatient Unit and Day Service (AIUDS)
- Applications are encouraged from Registered Nurses seeking to further their careers in the mental health sector.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to build their mental health skills and expertise through comprehensive professional development programs, coaching and on-the-job support.
- Minimum qualification requirements are a Bachelor of Nursing, current registration with AHPRA and a C class motor vehicle drivers' licence. Appointees will be required to participate in a continuous shift work arrangement.
- Employees must maintain vaccination protection and provide evidence confirming they have received the prescribed number of doses of COVID19 and Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD).
Generous remuneration package value up to $109,029 p.a. comprising salary range of $2847.20 to $3652.00 p.f. or $37.46 - $48.05 p.h. (Nurse Grade 5), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.
Please download the attached candidate pack for more information. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful candidates will be notified of available vacancies.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rhonda Bensemann on 07 4433 7984.
Applications ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV436048 ) close on Sunday 26 February 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.