Registered Nurse (Operating Theatres) Full-time Job9 months ago Nursing North West Qld 6 views
Pathways to better health
for our North West communities.
The Mount Isa Hospital's Operating Theatre suite has 3 theatres, one of which is a dedicated endoscopy unit. Lists consist of General Surgery, Eyes, obstetrics and gynaecological procedures, Dental and the Deadly Ears program. This role includes on call requirements to cover emergency surgery after hours as well as on weekends. This service operates with VMO's and permanent Staff Specialists.
This role works in the Operating Theatre suite at the Mount Isa Hospital as part of the Perioperative Services providing professional, safe and quality patient and family centred care. A commitment to enhancing and enabling positive patient experience and outcomes by fostering support, collaboration, and partnership with patient, families/carers and other health service providers is required for this role with the NWHHS.
About the benefits
Our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff.
We offer `hands-on' experience and support employees who want to enjoy a variety of lifestyle, diversity of clinical experience and unique locations.
To attract top tier candidates we provide generous remuneration packages and employment benefits that include:
- staff accommodation
- Rural Area Nursing Incentive Package(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0033/396078/qh-pol-217.pdf )
- 5 weeks p.a. recreational leave with 17.5% loading
- up to 12.5% employer superannuation contribution
- shift and laundry allowances
- professional development assistance
- salary sacrificing options
- plus access to corporate discounts, and employee wellness and assistance programs.
Permanent roles available, hours negotiable up to full-time.
Base salary range between$2,847.20 and $3,652.00 p.f. (f/t) or $37.46 and $48.05 p.h. (p/t) (Nurse Grade 5).
- It is a requirement of this role for the applicant to be experienced in areas of Instrument/Circulation/Anaesthetics and PACU as well as having an ability to work within the Endoscopy suite. Consideration will be made for those with one or two skills which could be further expanded.
- Proof of qualification, registration with AHPRA and a current practising certificate are mandatory requirements.
- The position may involve travel to various facilities or units within the North West Hospital and Health Service.
- Rosters may require you to work on-call, continuous shift rotations, and weekend work as per departmental business requirements.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
- A 6-month period of probation may apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Atelaite Luma on 07 4744 4436.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 05/12/2022.
Please note: applications will be reviewed and assessed regularly. Applicants are advised that this is an open advertising campaign and suitable candidates will be offered a role once a vacancy becomes available.
Download the Role Description for future reference and interview preparation.