Registered Nurse (Rural Generalist Program) Full-time Job6 days ago Nursing Far North Qld,Flexible,North West Qld 1 view
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
Our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff.
We offer `hands-on' experience and support employees who want to enjoy a variety of lifestyle, diversity of clinical experience and unique locations.
To attract top tier candidates we provide generous remuneration packages and employment benefits that include:
- Base salary ranges between $2847.20 and $3652.00 p.f. (Nurse Grade 5).
- Rural Area Nursing Incentive Package(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0033/396078/qh-pol-217.pdf )
- 5 weeks p.a. recreational leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- staff accommodation
- shift and laundry allowances
- professional development assistance
- salary sacrificing options
- plus access to corporate discounts, and employee wellness and assistance programs.
Temporary full-time role up to 12 months.
The role will be allocated to work units/locations depending upon organisational requirements.
This is your opportunity to gain supported experience in a broad range of clinical practice areas across multiple facilities within the North West HHS.
Our unique demographic and extensive geographical reach, from primary health and remote hospitals to the main facility at Mount Isa Hospital, provides an opportunity to develop, promote and foster continuing professional development and career pathways.
The Rural Generalist Program accelerates the participants' engagement in learning requirements necessary in rural and remote settings. It is a six-month introductory program that recognises a layered approach to learning and provides learning opportunities to expand clinical skills and theoretical knowledge required to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in rural and remote communities.
Minimum of 12 months clinical experience as Registered Nurse. Availability to work a full range of shifts to meet our 24-hour service, including short term contracts, for multiple sites across the HHS.
The position will involve travel to various facilities or units within the North West HHS and a C Class Motor Vehicle licence is required.
Mandatory requirements are a relevant tertiary degree qualification and appropriate registration/licences, evidence of these will be required prior to appointment. Pre-employment screening will be conducted for the successful candidate; this may include criminal history checks, Aged Care checks and Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role compliance. VPD risk roles may require evidence of vaccination or immunity to: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis, Influenza and COVID-19.
To learn more about living and working in the NWHHS, please visit:
- North West Hospital and Health Service - YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF-mqGrd5rzPNEQl0Z-9r5Q/featured )
- North West QLD Nurses & Midwives - YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHDrzuL7cDdedYNxIjn3RA/videos )
Download the Role Description for future reference and interview preparation.
Contact: Julie Sorrell on 07 4744 4803.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 22/08/2022.