Registered Nurses (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) Full-time Job6 days ago Nursing Gold Coast 3 views
An opportunity has become available for several Registered Nurses (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Currently be working in or have recent level 6 neonatal intensive care experience
- Be able to provide evidence of and commitment to ongoing professional development
- Provide a high standard of evidence-based neonatal nursing care to facilitate quality outcomes for infants within the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Practice collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health care team across the service to promote best care and outcomes for infants and their families
To be successful in this position you will require:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- A Postgraduate Qualification in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (or working towards one)
- AHPRA Registration
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Permanent full time and permanent part time (several positions, minimum 48 hours per fortnight)
- Base salary ranging from $74 281 - $95 278 per annum, $37.46 - $48.05 per hour
The Newborn Care Unit at Gold Coast University Hospital is part of Women's, Newborn, Children's Health Services and is comprised of a 12 cot Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a 24 cot Special Care Nursery. The NICU admits babies fulfilling Level 6 Queensland Clinical Services Capability Framework criteria.
Neonatal Retrieval Emergency Service Southern Queensland (NeoRESQ) based at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in Brisbane coordinate and provide the neonatal emergency retrieval service, based at Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Wednesday, 31 August 2022.
Job Ad reference:GC436030
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.