Registrar or Principal House Officer (Cardiology) Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 27 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
- Generous remuneration package of up to $14,755 p.m.
- Base salary range of $4540.00 - $5236.00 p.f. (L4-L9)
- Recreational leave loading 17.5%
- Employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Vocational Training Allowance (if accepted into recognised vocational college training program)
- Fixed Term Temporary Full-time position commencing ASAP up to 12months.
If not accepted into a recognised vocational college training program, the appointment will be at the PHO range of L4-L7.
Working for Townsville HHS
Our health service is committed to providing a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to our employees and encourages professional development. To attract and retain an exceptional workforce we offer a variety of additional employment benefits which include attractive salary sacrificing options, shift allowances, locality allowances, professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program.
About the role
- Under the supervision of the relevant Consultants, initiate, maintain and be responsible for the clinical care of patients.
- Supervise the day to day activities of junior medical staff to ensure that appropriate standards of care are maintained, and that junior medical staff are trained to adequately fulfil their duties.
- Ensure and review the quality of patient care by participation in clinical audits and quality programs.
- Degree Qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution and hold Current Registration as a medical practitioner or eligible for Registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Successful completion of at least two years post registration training.
- Participate in the provision of a shift roster to provide services out of hours, at night and on weekends, as directed by the Director of Cardiology.
- Attend Outreach Clinics as per roster.
- It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Townsville University Hospital is the only Tertiary Level hospital in Australia that is situated regionally. This puts it in the unique position of offering all of the major specialties in a large, 700 bed facility, whilst it sits in a town of 200,000 inhabitants. The catchment for tertiary specialties is, in effect, the whole of North Queensland. The hospital is large enough to encompass this workload, yet small enough to feel like a village. It has an attached Medical School (JCU) renowned for its remote and rural programmes, and has an enviable record for training, with consistently high pass rates for FRACP exams, both written and clinical. The range of medical specialties and subspecialties means that the single site is able to offer all the Pathways requirements in the one location. The broad range of pathologies seen is augmented by the NQ profile of infectious diseases.
All of this is contained in a comfortable, working town with over 300 days of sunshine a year, the relaxed North Queensland outdoor lifestyle, and easy access to reef, tablelands, hinterland and bush. The cost of living is significantly less than in the big metro centres, and within the town itself, nowhere is more than twenty minutes away. Good schools and a notable sporting culture complete the package of a special place to live and work.
Interested in applying..?
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact
Dr Soniah Moloi on (07) 4433 3575.
Applications close on Sunday, 9 April 2023.
Please note that unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.