Registrar Principal House Officer (Neurology) Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 55 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
This is a fixed term temporary full time position up to 4 February 2024.
Generous remuneration package value up to $177,064 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $9,870 to $11,384p.m. (L4-L9)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development assistance (leave and vocational training subsidy), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable).
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Degree Qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution and hold Current Registration as a medical practitioner or eligible for Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Successful completion of FRACP written and clinical exams.
- Applicant may have applied to Neurology training post at other institutions.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Probation period may apply.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of current medical practices and issues and evidence of an appropriate level of expertise in the skills of the preferred discipline (Neurology), with an understanding of and a commitment to contemporary quality practices in health care.
- Proven ability to review, analyse and evaluate patient care for the identification of appropriate treatment and investigations.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete medical records clinical, administrative and statistical.
- Well-developed communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal skills) with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and hospital clients from a variety of backgrounds. Proven ability to practice medicine in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sound theoretical knowledge, practical skills and ethical behaviour required of a medical practitioner.
- A personal commitment to the maintenance of high standards in the clinical care to patients and proven ability to react promptly to emergency or urgent situations impacting upon patient care.
Why make the change?
Townsville University Hospital is the only Tertiary Level hospital in Australia that is situated regionally. This puts it in the unique position of offering all of the major specialties in a large, 700 bed facility, whilst it sits in a town of 200,000 inhabitants. The catchment for tertiary specialties is, in effect, the whole of North Queensland. The hospital is large enough to encompass this workload, yet small enough to feel like a village. It has an attached Medical School (JCU) renowned for its remote and rural programmes, and has an enviable record for training, with consistently high pass rates for FRACP exams, both written and clinical. The range of medical specialties and subspecialties means that the single site is able to offer all the Pathways requirements in the one location. The broad range of pathologies seen is augmented by the NQ profile of infectious diseases.
All of this is contained in a comfortable, working town with over 300 days of sunshine a year, the relaxed North Queensland outdoor lifestyle, and easy access to reef, tablelands, hinterland and bush. The cost of living is significantly less than in the big metro centres, and within the town itself, nowhere is more than twenty minutes away. Good schools and a notable sporting culture complete the package of a special place to live and work.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.